Friday, July 19, 2013

Year 2018

5 years later..


A year has already passed since I graduated from college at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. Back when I was young, I would always fantasize about studying the human mind and behavior and being capable of predicting the possible behaviors of an individual towards a given situation. I've almost taken B.S. Chemistry back then, but I am grateful that I chose the road less traveled instead - the path of a Psychology major.

I'm very passionate about abnormal psychology so I can therefore say that my forte is Clinical Psychology. Right after graduation, I started looking for jobs and jobs also looked for me. It was a good thing that I came from a university with a good reputation. Furthermore, I was able to receive my bachelor's degree with flying colors due to my perseverance and love for my chosen career. Three months later, I officially started my career as a teacher. It was not the usual teaching career, I taught special children. I love my first job because I am very fond of children.

Even at this point, I could still hear the all-time popular misconceptions about my course. Most people say that it will lead to nowhere. Some say it has no significance at all because it is inferior compared to other courses such as accountancy and engineering. My first job supported my belief that they were all wrong. It is very essential that one has polished and good social skills for you are always in front and with people. I earned a lot of patience during my stay in college because I've started accepting the truth that nobody is perfect. In my class, I must deal with several young people, and they are all far from the usual. They are gifted and unique.

I am already on my eighth month of teaching these wonderful children. I have already saved some money for a very important matter. I am planning to pursue a degree in law someday, very soon. I chose Psychology and Law as my combinations because the way I see it, awareness of the law is not enough to make justice prevail. A good lawyer must know how to look beyond what is seen and hear beyond what is heard, and Psychology provides both. I love people and I understand them, I want the best for the human race so I will be part of the change I dream of.

To quote Confucius, "Choose the job you love and you will never grow tired of it," I chose Psychology because I know I will get satisfied just by seeing people around me happy because I was able to help them. I earn fulfillment by helping. Seven years from now, I will be a forensic psychologist. I will keep on chasing my dreams for I live in spite of the things I fear most. 

It's been 5 years, and sky has always been the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment